I got this poor damaged Blythe years back. I think I got her from ebay, but it has been so long that I can’t be sure. I have not really done much for her. She has been patiently waiting. She does have some definate challenges, though. Her head is glued shut for one. There are pry marks along the seam where someone tried to open her head. It is lucky she was not cracked. Her head seams, dome and body look like someone had tried to dye them. Apparently, it was not successful.
But, I brought her out yesterday with the determination to do something for her. It was not like I could throw a Blythe away (blasphemy!) And, I sure do not want her to remain in this sad condition forever. So, I sanded and sanded and sanded using a 1200 grit thin sponge. I wish that I had taken a before picture, but I didn’t think of it until this point, so here she is sanded:
And, started to paint. I did not really have any plan or theme in mind, but I just went with it. I am not the best face up Artist (putting it mildly:) but it is a lot of fun. Here is the first bit. Please excuse the lighting as it was night when I took it:
So now, I have been searching through my art closet looking for my pearl-ex. I have not found it yet, but it is sure to turn up. Also, looking for eyelashes. I know that I have a gorgeous feathery black pair around here somewhere! And, I plan to get her a new scalp. Rerooting her is not a problem , since I make and sell the hair in my Etsy shop. I know that she will be far from ‘perfect’ but I can’t wait to see how she looks when she is done!
Of course, that is not all that I have been up to lately! I have finished dyeing the rainbow hair. I had shared it two posts back when it was just started and still wet. Now it looks like this:
And, I have combed, washed, dyed and wefted for three more wigs:
One of the wigs is going to be the 3-3.5 inch size that fits the J-dolls. The other two, I will be forming on Monster High heads. One of the heads has ears, so it will be a fun difference. Now to peel the wefts from the paper and get out the glue!